Students in 2U-Powered Programs Now Have Access to Cross-University Course Enrollment Opportunities
At 2U, we describe our approach as No Back Row™. With our university partners, we are changing the face of online education, creating a learning environment where every student is challenged to be their best.
Now we are bringing a new dimension to No Back Row through an initiative that allows our partners to offer a unique benefit to students enrolled in their graduate degree programs: cross-university course enrollment. Through this pilot program, students in 2U-powered master’s degree programs can enroll in select courses offered by other 2U partner schools.
We’re excited to bring together students and schools from across the network we support to create this unprecedented opportunity to enhance students’ curricular options and experience.
Who Is Participating?
Nine 2U partner programs are participating in the initiative, and more than 50 courses will available. The following online programs are participating:
- @WashULaw: a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University School of Law
- datascience@berkeley: a Master of Information and Data Science from the UC Berkeley School of Information
- International Relations Online: a Master of Arts in International Relations from the American University School of International Service
- MBA@UNC: a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- MPA@UNC: a Master of Public Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- MPH@GW: a Master of Public Health from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University
- MSW@USC: a Master of Social Work from the University of Southern California School of Social Work
- Nursing@Simmons: a Master of Science in Nursing from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- USC Rossier Online: a Master of Arts in Teaching from the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
What Is the Benefit to Students?
For the first time, students can go beyond their own course catalog to focus their studies on areas that are of interest to them, but may not be offered in their program.
Students are granted unprecedented access to top-tier graduate programs from some of the best universities in the country. Through cross-university enrollment, students can grow their network of professional peers and study with renowned professors throughout the 2U-supported university network. And because all participating universities work with 2U to create their online courses, the student experience will be seamless; students will work in the same virtual campus across any courses in which they choose to enroll. All courses will blend live, online seminar-style classes with highly produced self-paced content, and students have access to the same robust student support as students enrolled full-time in the program.
Please note that this initiative is currently in trial phase. While we aim to work with our partners to make this a permanent feature of their programs, this initiative is subject to cancellation or revision until further notice.
Each participating university has established its own set of guidelines and restrictions governing this pilot program. To learn more about cross-university course enrollment, visit the program sites above for participation details.