Enterprise Business Development Manager
The Enterprise Business Development team is a lean sales team inside a larger 3,500+ ed-tech company. This “startup” environment is developing new ways to leverage our expertise in creating boot camps to bridge the digital skills divide within enterprise environments. This role will be critical in helping 2U enter the enterprise space and value proposition our programs to a variety of different stakeholders.
Summary of Job:
The Enterprise Business Development team is a lean sales team inside a larger 3,500+ ed-tech company. This “startup” team is developing new ways to leverage our expertise in creating boot camps to bridge the digital skills divide within enterprise environments. This role will be critical in helping 2U enter the enterprise space to value proposition our programs to a variety of different stakeholders.
As a part of the enterprise business development team, you will engage in a competitive environment responsible for opening conversations with Fortune 1000 companies. Your objective is to connect 2U with the “buyer” on product and organizational needs and gain a commitment to a second call. The buyer can vary from a CTO, VP of HR, or departmental heads. Your capability and proven experience getting the correct contacts within large-employer companies, introducing 2U’s value proposition, having thought provoking conversations, and representing 2U’s portfolio of products are absolute keys to your success in this role.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will love what they do and do what they love! They should possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive C-level engagement across Fortune 1000 company landscapes.
- Overall ownership responsibility for a sales pipeline from lead development to deal close.
- Hustling. You will reach out to hundreds of people per week to get visibility in front of ‘the right’ decision maker.
- Research & find technical training opportunities and decision makers at large companies
- Open enterprise-level conversations and penetrate key Fortune 1000 companies
- Articulate 2U’s product and academic value proposition
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions with a solution selling approach
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline and ensure the quality of opportunity is solidified into planning
- Collaborate internally within enterprise sales and our senior leaders to broaden partnership opportunities with a comprehensive approach to everything 2U offers
- Make great things happen, be collaborative, and utilize your executive team in key conversations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred)
- 4+ years’ experience in B2B sales
- Exceptional listening and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Hungry to help businesses find creative solutions for their needs.
- Ability to hit aggressive sales targets
- Ability to create big impact with minimal resources
- Strong analytical skills to collect information and problem solve for business needs.
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via tele/video conference.
100% remote work with a moderate to heavy travel schedule (50-60%) visiting university partners regularly and HQ office occasionally for special meetings or presentations.
No direct reports
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.