Contact Center Technology Manager
You are a forward-thinking techie who loves to roll up their sleeves and dive into different types of work. You are able to navigate the complex world of phone systems (old and new), contact center software, and conferencing platforms. You should have a keen eye for detail, know how to manage vendors and projects and be a people person. Taking in requirements and developing technical solutions for people brings joy to your day. You put your team first and enjoy mentoring and growing those that report to you.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Communications Engineering is responsible for managing and leading the internal communication/telecom engineering team which support multiple technologies across a growing business. These technologies consist of a mix of phone systems, cloud-based/SaaS contact center solutions, and conferencing systems. This individual will provide managerial and technical oversight of the teams while managing priorities and technical projects on their team. They will work with the Sr. Director on road mapping and resource planning/allocation. They will also work directly with stakeholders across the business to improve their use of communication technologies and enable the business by providing solutions to complex problems.
- Responsible for leading and managing the Telecommunications engineering team/personnel.
- Manage workflows and processes for the team to optimize efficiency and maintain steady velocity.
- Work with business stakeholders on new requests including new systems, enhancements, and features and prioritize them for assignment by engineers.
- Assist with developing technical roadmaps for telecom team and managing the team towards those goals.
- Provide routine updates to Sr. Director IT Infrastructure on projects and team metrics.
- Coordinate with other members of the IT Infrastructure team on cross-functional projects and deliverables.
- Ensure adequate documentation is completed for assigned tickets and projects.
Education and Professional Experience:
- 6+ years managing/engineering telecom systems including SaaS, on-prem, and/or legacy PBX.
- Extensive experience with various telecom technologies: SaaS (Talkdesk), Legacy (Mitel), and industry standard (Asterisk/FreePBX).
- 3+ years managing technical teams consisting of engineers.
- Experience supporting business critical phone systems with high volume (~2mm minutes per month)
- Strong experience in project management through demonstrated experience.
- Strong experience with vendor management and relationships.
- Ability to design, manage, and implement processes and procedures for technical teams.
- Extensive experience working with CRM (Salesforce) integrated contact center solutions that provide deep integrations and automations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on concurrent projects/tasks.
- Service focus: commitment to the success of the organization and the satisfaction of a diverse user base with a variety of needs and problems to solve.
- Strong communication (written / verbal) and collaborations skills, desire to share knowledge and train a great team, ability to keep everyone focused on the same goals.
- Organized: fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards.
- Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain high level of service, availability for contact around the clock in case of outages or emergencies.
- Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.