Summary of Job:
The GM will manage both the relationship with the assigned university partner/s along with all cross-functional internal operations.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage all 2U products related to the partnership; measure performance of company goals and proactively establish targets for improvement.
- Partner with faculty, and university senior administrator, as well as other leadership at the school and across the university to ensure programme success.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the university; act as the relationship manager for 2U degrees/short courses/bootcamps, or other offerings and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes.
- Ability to engage on key academic development aspects such as curriculum design, scaffolding, assessment and quality assurance.
- Be the liaison that works in the interests of the partnership between 2U and our university partners. This includes working with representatives at every level of the university, including leadership at the school and across the university to ensure program success.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, act as final decision maker for all business operations components including curriculum, marketing, admissions and post-enrollment services.
- Matrix manage internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the program (e.g. marketing and technology).
- Directly manage Programme Operations staff and/or work closely with operational team across short course and degree business.
Strategic direction and execution
- Develop, review, update and implement strategic planning of all components relating to the successful development, launch and presentation of the product; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development.
- Facilitate discussions with university partners about new course selection, development, and presentation to students.
- Serve as subject matter expert for market space and curriculum for all 2U products; currently, the 2U degree and GetSmarter short course.
- Develop and help implement the growth plan, including product, offerings and expansion of courses and degrees, with the assigned university partner.
- Act as final decision maker for all business operations components including curriculum, marketing, admissions and post-enrollment services.
- Oversee all aspects of the financial performance of 2U’s business with the university to achieve agreed upon targets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the fields’ concepts, practices and procedures.
- 5+ years’ experience managing external clients/partners and leading large scale internal operations.
- Record of success with entrepreneurial approach to building and sustaining effective partnerships and business operations in both dynamic matrix environment and established environment.
- Confident decision-making abilities and an ability to lead people in order to get results.
- Proven success in a matrix management environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Presence in London, close proximity to the partner and the university campus.
- Travel will be required from time to time with appropriate notice.
- Irregular work schedule required to accommodate meetings across different time zones.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be advantageous, business development, teaching, relationship management, management experience.
- Relevant residence or documentation to work in the UK.
Dotted (matrix) reports
- Student Success
- Faculty Success
- Curriculum and Learning
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.