Applicant Success Administrator (Part Time)
Work location at 2U’s HQ in Lanham, MD. Shift based working schedule (~25 hrs a week). The employee in the role will be required to choose one of three standard shifts (Mon-Fri: 7a-12p, 10a-3p, or 2p-7p, and potential for Saturday work, with some flexibility in weekend schedule.
Summary of Job:
The Applicant Administrator, Part Time works within a team who is responsible for managing the document processing procedures for prospective students applying to 2U powered programs. Per University and program policy, the candidate is responsible for processes related to applicant documents during the application life cycle including, but not limited to, document retrieval and processing, uploading documents to the secure CRM system, filing, and purging. The candidate is responsible for timely, accurate, and secure document processing that may have multiple deadlines at a high volume, for a variety of programs within the team.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary ownership to accurately file applicants documents in the designated secure file storage area to support the preparation of document tracking and purging for document transfer processes. Without error, file applicant documents by university and program, including accurately confirming files are sorted and labeled appropriately to the corresponding applicant, university and program.
- Per University and program policy, securely purge and transfer documents to university partners through physical mail processes. Accurately understand existing reports to conduct purging processes on a regular and consistent timeline.
- Securely retrieve, process, and upload physical and electronic documents to support the preparation of completed applications, per applicant, for faculty admissions review. Without error, sort, stamp, label, and upload applicant documents into 2U's internal system of record (Salesforce), based on university guidelines, including accurately determining and recording the status of each official or unofficial document.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year (preferred) of experience working in a service-oriented, administrative role, within a professional office setting
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Experienced with managing confidential and sensitive documentation
- Can showcase prioritization skills and time management with exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Proven ability to multitask and manage processes end to end while under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge in navigating basic Microsoft Office and G Suite applications
- Experience with Salesforce or any electronic Customer Relationship Management system (preferred)
Physical requirements of the job could include standing for extended periods of time (1-2 hours), lifting heavy objects (max 10 lbs) while stepping into assist the team in the physical mail room that is utilized to process and store physical documentation.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.