Digital Marketing and Analytics Intern
Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organisation that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
Digital Marketing and Analytics Team:
Marketing efforts are focused on data-driven marketing, working closely with university partners as well as teams across the business to meet admissions goals. From web production to prospect generation to data analysis, 2U’s marketing team is responsible for finding the right students for our partner programs. The marketing team houses many departments, including demand generation, web production, search engine optimisation (SEO) and special projects. You will work with various stakeholders across the marketing department, UI/UX team, and tech team to deliver a first-class experience on our front-facing web properties and ongoing web strategy.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Analysing data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Performing ongoing site level optimisation, and innovate on scalable link-building efforts.
- Assisting with building and maintaining marketing sites, as well as the development and execution of organic web strategy for 2U-powered online programs.
- Using data to flag risks and opportunities to the business.
- Creating ads for paid advertising usage.
- Identifying new media opportunities.
- Implementing web strategy across 2U’s portfolio of programs.
- Facilitating research and development of creative content for various internal portal sites.
- Building marketing websites using 2U’s custom Content Management System (CMS).
- Work towards meeting 2U’s web accessibility standards across branded marketing sites.
- Research latest web trends to ensure best UX/UI practices are implemented.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders while simultaneously implementing solutions.
Things that should be in your background:
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Interest in web production, design and development, marketing, UI/UX and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, HTML, CSS and paid social platforms.
- Familiarity working with a content management systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of Copy Editing, Social Media Outreach, Blogging, and CSS.
- Knowledge of best practices for user experience (UX), user interface (UI) and responsive design.
- Interest in researching new trends in web design and technology.
- Knowledge of Adobe products (XD and Photoshop) is a plus.
- Be an innovative thinker and contribute ideas and solutions to the team as a whole.
Other attributes that will help you in this role:
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organisation.
These are just some of the benefits:
- Sought-after industry experience.
- Free gym access.
- Team and company events.
- One free GetSmarter short course.
- Complimentary caffeine kick from our in-house barista.