Summary of Job:
The Brand Strategist is the person responsible for positioning and helping drive the growth of GetSmarter online short courses across international markets for 2U, Inc through data-driven decision-making. These insights develop targeted, program-specific digital marketing campaigns that can reach and engage interested and qualified prospective students in a targeted, cost-effective manner. In line with this, the brand strategist is mainly responsible for go-to market strategies, course launches, brand management, content and creative strategies and production.
They ensure a consistent and compelling brand message that is in line with specific university brand requirements and that attracts and converts students. Ultimately, they are the custodians of the university brands for which they are responsible, and the consumers to which we market.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage university partner brands in terms of brand guidelines and go to market strategies to effectively position and launch new courses in line with consumer insights and sound target market understanding.
- Develop key message docs and relevant communications plans that drive enrolment numbers of online short courses with particular focus on product positioning and email campaign strategies measured through key metrics (click-through rate, click to lead and repeat student rate) to make informed decisions.
- Understand and track progress towards targets (leads, revenue and students) by interpreting course positioning performance, and make agile, informed decisions based on data and actionable insights that best support campaign goals; by utilising various strategic partnerships and brand channels (e.g., paid media, social channel, PR, events, media, SEO content), whilst keeping customer experience top of mind.
- Facilitate the creation and execution of marketing collateral required for university on-boarding, course launches, and steady-state enrolment in collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure all web properties and paid media channels have up-to-date marketing assets to meet strategic goals.
- Returning student rates
- Click-through rates
- Click to Lead
- Landing page conversion rate
- All leads/ past students in the partners database who have opted in to receive at least one email a month
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a role focused on organic and paid digital marketing.
- Undergraduate degree required (relevant qualification in Marketing/Communications preferred).
- Strong ability to self-direct, prioritise work and conceptualise and execute strategies with minimal management or supervision.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google PageRank, Google PPC advertising and search engine optimisation (SEO) would be advantageous.
- Experience developing and managing marketing campaigns for social media platforms (e.g., Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
Internal and external stakeholders may be based in different time-zones and allowances may need to be made, to accommodate this.
Brand Strategists have no direct reports. However, they assist in the direction of Brand Co-ordinators and interns within their team to achieve targets and goals.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organisations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.