Program Optimization & Strategy Analyst
What We're Looking For:
This Analyst position provides analytical and strategic support to the Student Engagement Department responsible for student recruitment and retention. This includes data-driven analysis, monitoring of trends in KPIs, creation of data visualizations, and identification of opportunities for operational improvements. This role is both data-driven and stakeholder-facing, while also requiring a quantitative orientation, strong critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide analytical support to multiple academic programs by identifying risks and opportunities to each program’s recruiting and retention efforts. Develop tactical (short-term) and strategic (long-term) action plans to mitigate the risks and capitalize on the opportunities for further growth, scalability, and efficiency. Answer questions about program performance trends and provide additional analysis identifying potential root causes for those trends.
- Use reporting tools (i.e. Tableau, Salesforce) to develop, improve, and maintain reports that measure KPIs and team productivity
- Leverage available data and technical tools to assist with Admissions and Student Success adherence to standard business processes and best practices
- Provide analytical support for ad-hoc department-wide projects
- Support operations of Salesforce CRM, and assist in the implementation and compliance of new sales processes and technology enhancements necessary to maximize the efficiency of business operations
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a concentration in a quantitative or analytical field preferred (e.g. Economics, Math, Information Systems, Political Science)
- 0-3 years of relevant analytical experience in a professional setting
- Demonstrated skill in using data to identify trends, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL strongly preferred.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and communicate complex information
- Strategic thinker with high attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.