Executive Administrator to Chief People Officer
Summary of Job:
The EA to the Chief People Officer will provide administrative support to the CPO and the HR Leadership Team. This position will serve as the first point of contact and liaison for all internal and external matters involving the CPO, helping to screen, prioritize and respond to requests as needed.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Provide Administrative Support
- Provide confidential and high level administrative support for the CPO and HR leadership team as needed and when possible.
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; ensure that the CPO stay on track during their day; prioritize meeting requests and handle conflicts or scheduling changes proactively: collecting agendas, follow up action items and prep materials
- Ensure expenses are processed for the CPO in timely and accurate way
- Coordinate and manage international and domestic travel; arrange detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compile documents for travel-related meetings for the CPO and Leadership Team
- Represent the CPO, HR leadership and Exec Team with both internal staff and external contacts in a professional manner
- Effectively handle Board of Directors related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality
- Work closely and effectively with HR Executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Provide backup and coverage for other EA’s as needed
- Serve as a link between HR Leadership team and the global HR Team
Manage HR Team Events, Activities and Projects
- Organise all global monthly HR team fun events
- Prepare and manage all monthly global All Hands materials and set up - ensure input from presenters for meeting is provided in advance and overall desk is presentation ready
- Manage and run the annual HR Leadership Retreat
- Manage and run the annual HR All Hands Retreat
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while following through on issues in a timely manner
- In partnership with the communications team, the EA and his/her team will support development of communications and presentations on behalf of the CPO
- Help CPO with presentation (deck) creation and/or review to ensure all are format consistent and presentation ready Provide administrative support to functional teams of HR with special projects and initiatives as needed
Manage HR Leadership Budget
- Manage monthly P&L
- Process all invoices
- Provide support to HR Leadership team throughout the budgeting process
Education and Experience:
- 5-7yrs experience in an EA position supporting C-Suite leaders in fast-paced, high growth environments
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in and navigate fast-paced environment
- Knowing when and how to push back when needed
- Positive attitude, where no project or problem is too big or too small
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and precise
- Ability to discreetly and professionally handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional maturity and judgement
- Proven ability to create and sustain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Poised demeanor when dealing with other executives, academic leaders and board members
- Flexible and able to multitask, switch priorities as needed within a collaborative environment
- Ability to listen to the needs of others, respond and adapt, and build relationships of trust across diverse teams.
- Strong background in MS Office or Google Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree (desired) or commensurate experience
- Previous experience supporting the HR Function or CPO strongly desired.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.