Manager, AB Testing and Data Operations
What We're Looking For:
The Manager, AB Testing and Data Operations will lead a team of Marketing Technology Analysts and Coordinators, focusing on the CRO implementation and tech product suite behind testing and data operations. They will support existing technology integrations, tag management, and data feeds and enable personalization and testing at scale. They will monitor existing products and initiatives and serve as a point of contact between the marketing and tech teams for initiating new product trials, reporting and resolving bugs/errors, and building the requirements for and prioritizing enhancements to existing internal Marketing products.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Establish team goals, responsibilities, and processes, and to set responsibilities for analysts and coordinators.
- Encourage cooperation and is inclusive of team members’ diverse skills/expertise
- Meet with direct reports on a weekly basis to manage performance, review day-to-day responsibilities and provide ongoing feedback and recommendations for improvement
- Work with direct reports to build ongoing professional development plans and strategies
- Continuously challenge and empower team members to identify innovative solutions to current work challenges.
- Reinforce and encourage a collaborative team environment
Planning and Communication
- Design, communicate, improve and ensure adherence to marketing ops processes
- Work with various stakeholder groups to refine product and technical requirements to support overall marketing objectives
- Train and educate internal 2U stakeholders on available marketing technology products, and ensure users understand the purpose of each product, and when and how to use them effectively
- Research products and vendors, and conduct vendor assessments based on stakeholder requirements and business needs
- Provide input into marketing technology roadmap based on stakeholder needs and priority
- Ongoing research and analysis of overall marketing technology landscape
- Manage, prioritize and communicate critical bugs and issues to the engineering team and/or vendors
- Maintain documentation around varying use cases, user groups, and satisfaction levels for marketing technology products
- Ensure all marketing technology products are aligned with strategy and adheres to IT and compliance policies
- Execute web experimentation across platforms, including inbound marketing websites, demand generation landing pages, and mini-sites
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to align on testing strategy and upcoming initiatives
- Develop and champion new testing capabilities (query param triggered content, dynamic deadline content, personalization, exit intent)
- Interface with Data Science team to maintain and improve web marketing data tables
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, computer science, or a quantitative field
- Minimum 4-6 years industry experience
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (certification preferred)
- Experience with additional web analytics tools (Omniture, WebTrends), Segment (formerly Segment.io), and Salesforce CRM
- Experience with A/B/Multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely
- Comfortable learning and discussing technical concepts
- Exemplary planning, communication and organizational skills
- Broad knowledge of the marketing technology space
- Experience working on cross functional teams with multiple stakeholders
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.