Summary of Job:
The Workplace Specialist will assist the Workplace Manager with the overall management of the office space and all internal operations of all 2U CT facilities to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency as well as a satisfied and engaged 2Ute workplace experience. This position requires effective decision making, multitasking, operative communication with management and staff and the ability to work in a high pace environment. The Workplace Specialist supports the Workplace Manager across various projects to ensure proper execution.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Schedules maintenance or requests services from building vendors (Furniture, HVAC, electricians, etc) and verifies completion of maintenance and repair services to satisfaction.
- Ensure employee satisfaction with delivery of facility management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
Project Management and Corporate Real Estate
- Support the Workplace Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects.
- Support the Workplace Manager in the development of the 2U Cape Town new office.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans.
- Maximize utilization of supplies and inventory, preferred vendors/contractors.
- Source local services and goods needed to perform day to day operations through 3rd party suppliers. This includes writing contracts, obtaining necessary vendor set up forms and reviewing certificates of insurance for compliance.
- Support Workplace Manager in reviewing and overseeing daily operations to completion.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Workplace team and the Executive Support team.
- Assist Workplace Manager with the managing of the relationship with the on site restaurant/s.
- Oversee the smooth operation of the on site coffee stations and bar areas.
- Responsible for managing and organising the CREW and OHS shared folders on Google Drive.
- Works with the Workplace Manager to oversee space planning operations.
- Supports the Workplace Manager with the management of the location’s Emergency Response Plan as well as ensuring the office space is compliant in order to obtain and maintain an occupancy certificate.
- Assist Workplace Manager with all OHS responsibilities - managing OHS committee, training, Office compliance and OHS audits, Maintaining the OHS file and reporting.
- Management of CREW team members.
- Ensure direct reports are meeting their priorities.
- Oversee development plans for direct reports.
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with direct reports.
- Dealing with conflict or any day to day issues that may arise within the Campus team.
- Delegation of tasks to CREW team.
- Hiring of new staff.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years experience within a facilities role.
- Minimum certification of level 1 First Aid, basic Firefighting and SHE Rep training.
- Familiar with OHS standards and requirements.
- Minimum two year people management experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Expert problem solver.
- A can-do attitude.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- The Workplace Specialist role would at times require working on weekends or after hours.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organisations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.