What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a talented and motivated art director to join our growing creative team. The art director oversees the graphic design team (a team of 20+ graphic designers and design managers) and works closely with creative team leadership and various teams within 2U marketing to lead the team to deliver best-in-class creative for our university partners.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a link to your digital portfolio with your resume and application.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead and support the graphic design team to deliver high-performing, quality creative for 2U partner programs
-Art direct program launch assets and larger-scale projects, such as new organic landing pages, microsites, advertising campaigns, email campaigns and brand style guides.
-Art direct the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent application across all channels.
-Lead lively and productive brainstorming sessions that stimulate creative thinking and inspire new ideas.
- Manage and develop the graphic design managers to success
-Guide and develop the graphic design managers and support them in their professional development goals.
-Provide high-level strategy and context to the managers so that they can properly aim their team’s work to meet enrollment goals.
-Support the managers with staffing, development and training guidance.
- Collaborate with cross-team and creative stakeholders on conceptual and strategy-driven projects
-Partner with front-end developers to fully understand the capabilities and limitations of our systems to be able to effectively direct the design within the parameters of our content management systems.
-Work with marketing stakeholders to understand and communicate best practices across a range of data-driven marketing channels.
-Initiate and inspire new creative ideas and approaches that strengthen our brands and improve the performance of our marketing products.
- Actively participate in the growth and evolution of the creative team
-Work with the creative director to appropriately resource the design team with tech, budget and personnel
-Work with design managers and traffic team to assess staffing needs and balancing team workloads.
-Lead design talent acquisition strategy: vet portfolios and conduct interviews with graphic designer candidates.
-Work closely with creative team leadership to establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team.
-Uphold the 2U and 2U Creative Team’s mission and values.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrate breadth of experience and solid design skills with a strong portfolio
- Exceptional interpersonal (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Proven experience working collaboratively with writers, photographers, multimedia talent and production artists
- Experience creating and applying brand guidelines across multiple channels
- A discerning eye for branding aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail
- Proven art direction experience
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously
- Must have a strong ability to influence and motivate others
- Must be able to take direction while also being able to give constructive feedback to others
- Calm, flexible and able to work under pressure or with tight deadlines
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience working as a designer within an agency
- Experience working with sophisticated brands
- Experience in higher education
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.