Senior Manager, Internal Communications and Engagement
What We’re Looking For:
The Sr. Manager, Internal Communications and Engagement will join a growing team dedicated to ensuring two-way communication across the business. You will be responsible for engaging, aligning, and inspiring employees with our vision, mission, and operating priorities while providing leaders with the tools to help all team members understand their role in delivering our plan. To be effective, you must know how to identify and tell the stories that make lofty concepts like vision, strategy and business priorities come to life in a relevant and memorable way.
We are looking for someone who can balance both strategic and tactical communications work. Your primary objective will be to keep our leadership and employees informed on key issues to drive the business and share knowledge across the organization. You will understand where the communications gaps are and put a plan in place to address them. At the same time, you need to be able to set up and manage systems and processes to promote effective communications.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Strategic Communications and Planning
- Provide strategic communications counsel to senior leaders of internal business functions with expert service
- Develop messaging and internal presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics
- Translate complex business issues into simplified talking points for mid-level people managers
- Provide strategic planning support for programs to influence culture change and promote an inclusive workforce
- Identify opportunities, and lead efforts to tell employee stories, both regionally and globally to demonstrate company purpose
System Communications Leadership
- Serve as a custodian of global internal communications platforms and channels e.g. stakeholder’s intranet pages, office signage, and communications calendar
- Create and drive internal communications plan and calendar for stakeholders, integrating their plans into the overall global communications calendar
- Use internal data points to inform and design initiatives that inspire a highly engaged workforce throughout the company’s rapid growth
- Plan and execute effective communication strategies to inform, engage and inspire employees
- Strategically build and cultivate trusted relationships among multiple levels of leadership across the organization to maintain a pulse on the organization
- Use consultative skills to influence stakeholders across a complex corporate environment
Analysis & Administration
- Establish and track metrics that help correlate internal communications programs to employee productivity, engagement and organization performance
- Research industry trends (e.g., through networking, benchmarking, industry publications) to identify new methods for message delivery
- Perform related duties as assigned
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant field
- 6+ years experience in corporate communications, preferably in a fast-paced, high-change, global company; 3+ years experience in internal, employee, and/or executive communications
- Experience working for a technology company, supporting a technology team, and/or supporting communications for mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations/realignments, and other significant change activities preferred
- Deep knowledge of and experience with internal communications, change management and employee engagement strategies required
- Strong business knowledge and the ability to quickly learn, understand, and communicate the work and priorities of a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative to build strong, productive and trusting relationships with all levels of an organization, from senior executives to front line workers, with an eye to call on those relationships at important junctures
- Ability to use data to measure communication effectiveness and make decisions on future communications
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Demonstrated experience exercising sound judgment
- Proactive approach, seeking out challenges and anticipating issues
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm to work in an always evolving business
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.