Director of Strategic Partnerships
What We’re Looking For:
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will build an employer network of highly engaged companies that commit to providing engagement and employment opportunities for our students and a pipeline of valuable feedback to our business. Our students currently work with some of the world’s premier companies, including Deloitte, Bank of America and Microsoft. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for prospecting companies with immediate and long-term talent acquisition needs into our network, then maintaining, nurturing and growing these partnerships through close account management and ongoing engagement strategies. You will also coordinate opportunities for these companies to interact with our students, including hosting online recruiting events, participating in panel discussion, and more.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop, grow and maintain employer relationships through tactical outbound sourcing, engaging executives at the nation's leading companies who are seeking technical talent.
- Nurture partners through various stages of engagement, moving them from Prospect → Pipeline Partner → Evangelist.
- Approach every interaction with a company as an opportunity to collect their feedback on our job seekers’ skills, the quality of our programs and the caliber of our services.
- Partner closely with the Industry Engagement Team to ensure industry partners are hosting and participating in student-facing events.
- Partner closely with Senior Managers of Industry Insights & Impact to design tailored referral processes for employer partners, ensuring a quality pipeline of talent from our programs into their organization.
- Take a consultative approach to investigating a company’s needs and uncovering new opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity in Outreach.io and Salesforce.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- You are passionate about making the world a better place through skills-based education. Your innate ability to connect with people energizes you to push forward, even when encountering obstacles or pushback.
- You are familiar with outreach, business development and account management best practices. This might include pipeline management strategies, a mastery of objection handling, and a track record of building excellent client relationships with a variety of professionals across various industries.
- You are results-oriented and can own and deliver on a wide range of OKRs and KPIs. Contacting hundreds of potential leads a week is exciting to you. You create clear task lists and always follow up, never missing a beat.
- You are a careful listener and can translate the needs of hiring managers into opportunities to partner with 2U Insights.
- You are organized and detail-oriented. You take CRM diligence seriously and keep timely records of all external activity.
- You have strong fidelity to established processes and systems. You are creative and resourceful while always observing best practices.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You have been in the tech space previously and can “speak” tech both to recruiters and hiring managers.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our Trilogy line of business.
Trilogy Education, a brand of 2U Inc., partners with the best universities in the world to create and manage skills-based instructional programs (boot camps) to provide training for today’s workers with tomorrow’s skills.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
- 2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.