Head of Marketing Strategy and Demand Generation
What We’re Looking For:
The Head of Marketing Strategy and Demand Generation is responsible for the generation and conversion of leads for our short course portfolio. The Head of Marketing Strategy and Demand Generation will be directly responsible for the management of advertising spend budgets to achieve maximum enrollments, and the overall marketing strategies and tactics that will achieve our student enrollment objectives. The Adspend Planning, Paid Media, Web and SEO, and Marketing Operations functions will report directly to the Head of Market Strategy and Demand Generation.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Creation and management of an annual advertising spend plan, with realistic yield assumptions, that produces target ESG’s at an agreed cost per ESG constraint, that rolls up into a Revenue and Advertising spend forecast for the relevant financial period.
- Management of paid media execution, in line with target yields and spend levels.
- Drive the creation of web assets, that will increase the contribution of students from organic sources.
- Ensure optimal presence of courses on school sites to maximise school referral traffic and students.
- Management of the marketing ecosystem of websites (incl getsmarter.com), landing pages and microsites, for optimal UX and lead conversion.
- Oversee communication strategies with interested prospects, including email, text and other communication channels.
- Collaborate with Sales leaders to develop an optimal lead contact and conversion strategy for the sales team, with alignment on sales contact strategy.
- Analyse impact of marketing tactics and strategies, and present findings to the team in order to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Manage the risks inherent in marketing our products in multiple jurisdictions.
- Lead the digital marketing team and function, and grow a team of senior leaders at GetSmarter.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 8-10+ years of industry and/or functionally related experience.
- Experience in Digital Marketing, specifically related to Media Management, Paid Media, and Inbound marketing.
- University degree.
- Mastery of quantitative skills (SQL, Data Analysis), and numerical proficiency.
- Proficiency with digital marketing platforms and technologies - Adwords, Facebook, Inbound Marketing tools.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Head of Digital Marketing.
- Head of Marketing Operations.
- Head of Marketing Strategy.
- Portfolio Marketing Managers.
- Head of Marketing Analytics.
- Business Analyst.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.