Senior Copywriter (Website Strategy Lead)
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a senior-level copywriter to join our growing in-house creative team. This position requires at least 5+ years of experience writing marketing copy that is optimized for conversion, including for SEO-driven webpages, data-driven advertising, and strategic email campaigns.
As a senior member of the creative team, the Senior Copywriter (Website Strategy Lead) is expected to work closely with stakeholders across the marketing team to define brand identities and creative strategies for a collection of minisites. The Senior Copywriter will be responsible for creating conversion-focused assets that support 2U’s minisite strategy and, over time, building a team of in-house and/or freelance writers to support these efforts.
Writing samples are required for this position. Include a link to samples with your application and cover letter.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Independently drive and manage messaging and creative strategy across minisites.
- Establish and maintain the brand and editorial identities for minisites and work with stakeholders across marketing to ensure consistent application across all channels.
- Write a range of marketing assets — including websites, advertising, emails — for 2U minisites across a range of verticals, including business, education, and public health.
- Understand the unique audiences — as well as market advantages and challenges — of specific sites and take the lead on projects that define and drive strategy for those sites.
- Manage launches of new minisites with little oversight.
- Seek out and manage creative projects that strengthen our brands.
- Take direction from creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices, and previous performance data to produce and direct high-performing creative.
- Define process and resources needed to support minisite creative strategy.
- Work with the minisite design lead and creative team leadership to define a process for creating assets that support minisite marketing efforts.
- Train marketing stakeholders on the creative process to maintain the highest standards of creative output.
- Determine resources needed to support minisite efforts and grow and advocate for a team of in-house and/or freelance writers.
- Recruit, interview, onboard, and develop minisite writers, as needed.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s in relevant field a plus
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Expert knowledge of AP and Chicago style and experience creating and using client style guides
- Exceptional interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience delegating, directing, and providing feedback to other writers
- Experience presenting work, insights, and strategy to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working on a busy, cross-functional team
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and voices simultaneously
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience in higher education
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.