Vice President & General Manager - Syracuse
What We’re Looking For:
We’re on the search for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and strategic leader to drive engagement with one of 2U’s university partnerships. The VP/GM will manage both the relationship with the university, along with all cross-functional internal operations related to the partnership. Our ideal candidate will possess superior relationship building skills and an unmatched business acumen.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage all 2U operations related to the university partnership; measure performance of company goals and proactively establish targets for improvement
- Partner with Dean/Provost level, as well as other leadership at the school and across the university to ensure program success
- Act as final decision maker for all business operations components including curriculum, marketing, admissions and post-enrollment services
- Develop, review, update and implement strategic planning; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the university; act as the relationship manager for 2U and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes
- Matrix manage internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the program (e.g. marketing and technology)
- Directly manage Program Operations staff
- Serve as subject matter expert for market space and curriculum for the 2U organization
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- 7-10 years’ experience managing external clients/partners and leading large scale internal operations
- Record of success with entrepreneurial approach to building and sustaining effective partnerships and business operations in both dynamic matrix environment and established environment
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Confident decision-making abilities and an ability to lead people in order to get results
- Proven success in a matrix management environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability work and contribute in a team environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Professional development experience, an eye for internal talent
- Finance acumen (budgets, financial models, etc.)
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Excellent relationship management skills, preferably with Sr. level external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and excellent follow through
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent listener balanced with ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate the thinking of others
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $125,000, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.