Enterprise Sales Engineer
What We’re Looking For:
Bilingual Spanish-English proficiency required.
We accept applications from remote employees in Barcelona, Spain AND the following US states: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, VT
As an Enterprise Sales Engineer at edX, you will be part of the industry-leading solutions team helping organizations across the globe develop and upskill their employees and students. You will be responsible for orchestrating the learning and development journey for millions of people by building key relationships and understanding the unique needs of edX customers in Latin America and in Higher Education.
Enterprise Sales Engineers are integral members of edX’s Academic and Enterprise Sales team, working to cultivate our global customer base and reach as many learners as possible. This multifaceted, cross-functional role demands an action-oriented thinker with a proven capacity to identify patterns from ambiguity, a stubborn refusal to settle, an innovative perspective, and a “customer is always right” mentality. You will be viewed as “the expert” to edX’s customers and team members, and you will have the opportunity to build meaningful business relationships, apply both sides of your brain, and make a truly significant impact on the lives of many, many people!
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Utilize bilingual Spanish and English proficiency to support the edX for Enterprise Sales Team and our customers
New Business (Win Customers)
- Support the edX for Enterprise sales process with engaging demonstrations, and expert-level technical guidance on edX for Enterprise products and services.
- Interpret and communicate customer technical requirements to edX’s Sales, Customer Success, Account Management, Information Technology, Legal, Finance, and Product Delivery teams.
- Support onboarding of new edX for Enterprise customers.
- Train edX for Enterprise customers on systems integration requirements
- Leverage product and field knowledge to recommend and deliver streamlined customer solutions.
- Share competitive intelligence, with real-world examples and provide detailed customer requirements and clear statements of work describing customer needs/challenges to the edX Product Delivery team.
- Collaborate with LMS, LXP, and related technology partners.
- Deliver new integration capabilities with third-party solution providers.
- Leverage skills taxonomies and course metadata for learning pathway development and competency mapping.
- Identify, diagnose, and escalate customer requests to the edX Product Delivery team, and deliver localized/internationalized solutions and/or workarounds to customers when required.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A Team Player Mindset: Collaborate with colleagues having different levels of knowledge and skills, from different backgrounds - Customers, Sales Representatives, Success Associates, Product Managers, and Software Engineers.
- A Start-Up Mentality: Work collaboratively on a small team in a high growth environment. Experience wearing different hats and taking on additional responsibilities outside of your day-to-day responsibilities.Showcase strong initiative and self-motivation; effectively juggle multiple priorities while retaining a sense of urgency.
- Fierce Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical and expert troubleshooting skills. Ability to step back and see the big picture. Articulate the full scope of a problem and its possible solutions, and provide recommendations for which path to choose.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems/Platforms: Experience of integrating content into LMS eg. SAP SuccessFactors, Degreed, Moodle, Blackboard, EdCast, Cornerstone, etc.
- Technical Skills: Experience designing, constructing, and interacting with web services APIs.
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent verbal communication and business/technical writing skills. Ability to speak both technical and non-technical languages to bridge customers, sales, and product/engineering to facilitate problem-solving.
- Business-level written and spoken Spanish
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience dealing with academic, corporate, and government markets
- Experience with learning and development products and services
- Experience in the education vertical - knowledge of instructional design and key principles of teaching, pedagogy, and assessment
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages Python, Java, SQL.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
About 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $90,000.00 with potential bonus. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.