Analyst / Senior Analyst
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for multiple analysts across 2U departments. The Analyst position provides analytics, reporting, and tactical support to internal 2U teams across a variety of departments. This role is quantitative, data-driven, and stakeholder-facing, and provides a key supporting role to drive business outcomes and student outcomes in partnership with other 2U departments.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Analysis: Perform a variety of analyses to transform data into useful information. This may require interpreting existing KPIs, contextualizing data with its limitations and business relevance, and synthesizing a variety of data into a coherent narrative. This analytical output forms the foundation of all other components of the role.
- Reporting: Build and maintain customized reports, visualizations, and dashboards to reveal key data and insights across a variety of stakeholders. Accomplishing this work requires an understanding of the underlying data sources, proficiency in the relevant technical tools, as well as an understanding of key business use cases to match the deliverable with the situation.
- Relationship Management: Work effectively in cross-functional teams with stakeholders across a variety of technical and non-technical departments. Nurture relationships to build stakeholder trust in deliverables that you provide as well as to stay informed of key business context that other departments may be able to share.
- Operational Support: Partner with other departments to identify opportunities for operational improvements, define potential solutions, and implement testing plans (where applicable). Use data, reporting, and/or analysis to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of those operational improvements.
- Communication of Results: Effectively communicate analysis, reporting, and recommendations to key stakeholders. This requires communicating complex and/or quantitative information to a variety of audiences, some of whom may not have technical/quantitative backgrounds. Persuasive communication may be especially important when making recommendations for operational improvements.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a concentration in a quantitative or analytical field preferred (e.g. Economics, Math, Information Systems, Political Science). Alternative educational credentials and/or directly relevant experience can be substituted for a Bachelor's degree on a case-by-case basis.
- Relevant analytical experience in a professional setting
- Demonstrated skill in using data to identify trends, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL preferred.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and communicate complex information.
- Ability to manage and prioritize personal workload across multiple workstreams is critical.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Has a keen interest in digital marketing (prior experience a plus, but not required)
- Experience in Higher Education is a plus, but not required.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $70,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.