Analyst, Marketing Strategy and Analysis
What We’re Looking For:
The Analyst I, Marketing Strategy and Analysis is responsible for the monthly digital marketing budget and projected return on investment across programs and verticals (similar degrees offered across multiple partners, e.g. MBAs). The Analyst I, Marketing Strategy and Analysis will be directly responsible for managing a portfolio of paid tactics (Facebook, LinkedIn, Partnerships, etc.) across programs with low-to-moderate complexity and revenue impact for the business. This role has ownership of day-to-day optimizing of the health of programs within purview against KPI’s and is responsible for accurate management of spend.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Program Management and Monitoring:
- Actively manages the marketing spend of 6-12 low-to-moderate complexity and revenue impact 2U programs
- Uses data to flag risks and opportunities within programs/verticals, proactively suggests strategy to improve using statistics and analytical methods
- Identifies and executes upon strong/weak spend opportunities with direction from management
- Reports on pacing performance to leadership
- Works cross-functionally to create and execute new media campaigns, troubleshoot data issues, and provide program data to stakeholders
- Soundly speculates upon projected conversion of marketing tactics and likely ROI of spend for programs/verticals within scope
- Performs analysis on program health and identifies trends impacting KPI’s, and highlights key discrepancies versus expectations to leadership
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as needed to support the larger team
- Works with leadership to set the monthly paid digital marketing strategy and budget for 6-12 2U programs
- Creates deliverables conveying detailed marketing plan on a monthly basis
- Effectively articulates monthly marketing plan to leadership and makes necessary edits based on feedback
- Responsible for successful and timely completion of both BAU and ad-hoc projects through collaboration with leadership
- Owner of several key reporting/functional projects on behalf of the team
- Influences cross-functional teams to deliver material needed to complete projects
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (from a business, economics, or math related field is a plus)
- 1-5 years of experience in marketing, analytics, or relevant business using data to solve problems
- Has a working knowledge of Excel, and some previous exposure to SQL or other databases
- Experience working with media engines, such as Adwords, web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, and data visualization tools, such as Tableau preferred.
- Is looking for the opportunity to set business strategy
- Has a keen interest in digital marketing (prior experience a plus, but not required)
- Is adept at problem solving and can balance creativity with analytical skills
- Has a strong work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency
- Demonstrates proactive thinking – always seeking ways to do something better
- The ability to multitask, stay organized and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $70,000 with potential bonus eligibilty. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.