What We’re Looking For:
This position manages a team of copywriters within our growing in-house creative team. The manager must have at least 7 years of experience writing marketing copy, including at least 2 years managing other writers.
This position requires an expert knowledge of a range of copywriting tactics, including for SEO-driven webpages, social media advertising, and strategic email campaigns. The manager must be able to offer constructive, effective feedback to writers based on industry best practices and 2U’s ever-evolving marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a dynamic, data-driven environment and an ability to guide a team through complicated, one-off projects and campaigns.
Writing samples are required for this position. Include a link to samples with your application and cover letter.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Manage a team of diverse copywriters with a focus on professional development.
- Train writers from various backgrounds and varied experience levels to interpret and analyze marketing strategy in order to execute exceptional creative.
- Review work and offer feedback that is focused on learning and growth of writers.
- Develop and lead professional development opportunities that meet the needs of the team.
- Support senior copywriters as they learn to offer copy feedback and mentorship to junior team members.
- Understand the needs of and advocate for the team; drive initiatives and strategies that drive the team forward.
- Build a culture of trust, comfort, and support that encourages and drives creative innovation.
- Independently identify staffing needs, identify and hire new talent, onboard and retain writers who can grow with the team.
Collaborate with teams across marketing and lead innovative marketing initiatives.
- Work with senior management across marketing teams to define collaborative approaches to marketing challenges.
- Conduct trainings with creative team managers, copywriters, and designers to ensure understanding of marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Work with teams to define processes that ensure work is pushed smoothly through the creative team.
- Own creative best practices and work to communicate best practices to teams across marketing.
- Represent the creative team, leading sessions that introduce and promote our team’s work and processes.
Work with creative team managers and leadership to drive the team forward.
- Promote a positive, collaborative relationship between writers and designers.
- Establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team, focusing on solutions-first problem-solving.
- Lead lively and productive brainstorming sessions that stimulate creative thinking and inspire new ideas.
- Work closely with creative team leadership to establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience writing marketing copy
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing writers
- Exceptional interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience delegating projects and providing feedback to other writers
- Experience working with designers, photographers, and videographers
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
- Must have knowledge of AP and Chicago style and experience using client style guides
- Experience working as a copywriter within an agency is a plus
- Experience working with sophisticated brands is a plus
- Experience in higher education is also valuable but not required
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $80,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.