What We’re Looking For:
We are about to launch our first fully-funded web development boot camp in the UK. Removing the financial barrier to entry for our students is a key part of our Social Impact team’s mission to make education available to everyone. This role is absolutely key to that mission. High-quality career outcomes paired with high-quality education gives our students - often from underrepresented backgrounds in tech - the best possible start to their new career.
As our Community Manager, you will be the face of our boot camp within the wider tech community. You will be establishing relationships within tech communities across the UK to help our boot camp students hired and to integrate them with the wider tech community.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Be the external face of our boot camps across the UK.
- Establishing relationships with all tech communities across the UK, with specific focus on digital skills.
- Working with our Employer Partnerships Manager to provide them with potential employer partners.
- Persuading the wider tech community to formally back our mission of making tech education more accessible.
- Hosting events at key tech milestones across the country, including London Tech Week and Birmingham Tech Week.
- Establishing boot camp ‘buy-in’ with employers for events - we want our students to see where they could be working before they graduate.
- Generate and share reports as required.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Currently working within the UK tech sector.
- Experience of hosting and organising events.
- Sales experience is beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK tech scene.
- Experience of working with a CRM system.
- A passion for improving access to education and for technology.
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Natural problem-solver.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.