Career Services Manager (Australia)
What We’re Looking For:
The Career Services Manager is responsible for coaching students to prepare for their job search as they approach graduation, helping them update and adjust their profile documents throughout their job search, encouraging them to persist in the face of setbacks and disappointments, and listening to, and addressing, student concerns during their job search process.
The role is also responsible for engaging with industry and potential employers. Inviting them to our industry events and hosting these online events. A highly-driven and passionate Career Services Manager will motivate, monitor and support our graduates. Our students are enrolled in classes at some of our country’s premier universities and we endeavor to provide the best possible outcomes upon graduation from our program.You will match students to employment opportunities, support them in the pursuit of specific employment openings, prepare students for interviews, and aid students through the offer and negotiation process.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Ensure students who engage with Career Services, are employed with a qualifying job within 90 days of graduation.
- Build positive and trusting relationships with students across the country through phone, email and instant message channels.
- Identify areas of improvement, and provide clear and actionable feedback to students where they can improve their portfolio, resume, linkedin profile and pitch to employers.
- Motivate and support students as they engage in sourcing potential jobs, interviewing and negotiating salaries.
- Take a consultative approach to identifying ways students can pursue their passions. Identify areas in which students both excel and need to improve, and can deliver that feedback in ways that feel supportive to students and ignites them to take action.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity in Salesforce, including highly detailed notes about a student’s activities and job prospects.
- Collaborate with Profile Coaches to ensure all students have multiple opportunities to complete a high quality profile.
- Develop a proactive approach to building and maintaining/consolidating employer relationships to support the ongoing placement of internship and work experience students across 2U-Powered Boot Camp courses.
- Sourcing new industry partnerships and opportunities.
- Maintain regular visits to employers and attend career promotional activities such as exhibitions, employer events/fairs, professional association meetings and networking opportunities.
- Host our quarterly demo nights with employers and students.
- Relationships matter and make service your mission are two of 2U's guiding principles. These come together when faced with managing difficult conversations, varying points of view and resolving issues across parties. As part of any customer facing role it is inevitable your responsibilities will include working proactively through complex interactions and relationships. You will be called upon to manage professionally through situations like these to ensure the best possible outcomes for our students and partners and long term relationships.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas and other unique qualities of our employees. 2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
More About 2U Inc.
At 2U, we power world-class online education and boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning systems, we develop new digital education technologies and offerings to support students whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or completely change their career trajectories.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.