Academic Operations Specialist
What We’re Looking For:
The Academic Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the instructor experience by ensuring data and information produced by systems and processes is consistent and accurate, enabling the business to make decisions based on data-driven insights. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Data Operations, the Academic Operations Specialist will develop and maintain data sources and dashboards, allowing the department to operate in an efficient and compliant manner. In addition, they will provide administrative support to the Regional Academic Management team in delivering a world-class experience for our growing instructional community.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Update data sources where automation is not available
- Perform routine audits to ensure data integrity within multiple systems
- Analyze data sets and compile findings in a straightforward, accessible manner
- Liaison between departments within Instruction to provide system support and fuel cross-collaboration
- Identify areas where Standard Operating Procedures are needed and work to provide documentation in these areas
- Allocate staff within the workforce management system, when needed
- Partner with the assigned business unit leadership to provide strategic consultation on various areas, including performance management, employee engagement, development, efficiency improvements, and organizational effectiveness
- Consult with senior management to influence and facilitate the development of their organizational priorities and related change initiatives. Lead change management activities for specific client groups
- Coordinate the development and automation of function hiring and training utilizing an LMS platform
- Report pertinent recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, termination, and resignation metrics
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- At least 3-5 years of work experience
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Experience with Excel (or Google Sheets) working with large, complex data sets including the use of formulas and functions
- Ability to use basic reporting functions in various systems (such as Salesforce, Greenhouse and Canvas)
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio or Tableau is a plus
- Experience working in a fast paced team environment and managing priorities with minimal supervision
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.