Engineer III, Site Reliability
What We’re Looking For:
Do you believe in the power education has to unlock human potential? 2U / edX is the leading global online learning platform which empowers millions of learners to become changemakers in their life, community, and the world. Are you a collaborative and results-driven Site Reliability Engineer who is ready to elevate your career to the next level?
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Developing and maintaining production-level deployment pipelines and infrastructure
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Developing and using metrics to drive infrastructure decisions
- Relating your project deliverables to products you are building and strategy behind them
- Advocating for user needs in infrastructure and software you are building
- Collaborating with internal development teams to define and refine requirements
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
You have expertise in most of the following technologies:
- AWS services (EC2, RDS, Route53 and more...)
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Orchestration platforms for containers (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes/ EKS, ECS)
- Kubernetes deployments using Helm or Kustomize, ArgoCD experience is a bonus
- Programming experience in Python, Go or other object-oriented languages
- Ansible, Puppet or comparable configuration management tools
- Linux systems administration
- Network administration
- Scripting languages such as Bash, CSH, etc
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You care about delivering quality service and software in a sustainable and timely manner
- You have experience in, and passion for, high-quality, maintainable infrastructure and code that confers low operating costs and high change velocity
- You can design resilient, high-availability systems and services
- You have a solid understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- You enjoy refactoring to keep code maintainable
- You can conduct exploratory and automated testing
- You enjoy debugging complex problems under time constraints (who doesn't?)
- You want to provide technical guidance and feedback to other engineers
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $120,000-$150,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.