Eliminating the back row in education.
2U was founded on the idea that equitable access to high-quality online education has the power to unlock worldwide potential, social mobility, and economic security. This mission endures across everything we do for learners and our partners.
We create flexible pathways to opportunity through online education for learners at every age and stage of their lives, meeting them where they are.
We help drive down the cost of education with online offerings at every investment level that span from free courses to credit-bearing microcredentials to disruptively priced degrees.
We bring together leading-edge technology, world-class curriculum, passionate educators, and exceptional support to create transformative and career-relevant learning experiences.
We measure our success by the strong, sustainable, and meaningful results we deliver that empower learners and our partners to achieve their goals, maximize ROI, and thrive.
We prioritize collaboration, innovation, trust, and institutional independence in the partnerships we build with universities and industry leaders to meet their unique and evolving needs.
We continue to be at the forefront of harnessing new technologies, from machine learning to AI, to expand access and put cutting-edge skills in the grasp of millions of people around the globe.
We take an open, industry-leading approach to sharing key facts and figures about our business, partnerships, and platform to help shape a more informed and resilient future for education as a whole.
We respect and safeguard the privacy of learner and partner information through sound data protection processes, policies, and procedures in compliance with the law.
Our guiding principles.
- Cherish each opportunity: Life is short, so treasure every moment.
- Give a damn: Care about what you do each day.
- Strive for excellence: Don’t settle for second best.
- Be bold and fearless: Question the status quo and embrace change.
- Be candid, honest, and open: Listen to others and offer respectful feedback.
- Have fun: Fun is important. Fun is simply better.
- Make service your mission: Give the highest level of support to our partners and to one another.
- Don’t let the skeptic win: “No is easy.” “Yes” is hard. Fight for “yes.”
- Relationships matter: Build trust, value differences, and invest the time.